Terminating the Matrix

So, the Central District Court of California has ruled that essentially both The Terminator and The Matrix movie trilogies were ripped off from somebody else. I’m assuming that she will be collecting a percentage of the gross of the films, a combined $2.5 billion. That’s a lot of money. Even if she gets only 1% of the gross box office receipts she’ll be getting $25 million. And then her lawyer takes his 30% cut: $7.5 million. Not too bad for 5 years of work, which probably involved a lot of waiting to get on the docket, coming out to $1.5 million a year. But I digress.

The lady sounds a little loopy to me. She claims that Time-Warner owns “95 percent of the media.” I guess Rupert Murdoch owns the other 5%. Time-Warner’s real holdings can be viewed here. They have a lot, but not even close to 95%. Also, they don’t own Dreamworks like she claims they do.

What does she want to do with her winnings?

Stewart’s future plans involve a record label, entitled Popsilk Records, and a motion picture production company, All Eyez On Me, in reference to God. “I wrote The Third Eye [her original Matrix story] to wake people up, to remind them why God put them here. There’s more to life than money,” said Stewart. “My whole message to the world is about God and good and about choice, about spirituality prevailing over ‘technocracy’.”

Right. I think the only thing in which The Matrix generated more interest was bad pseudo-philosophy and Hot Topic. Also, I’ll have to check with God to see if His whole thing was to conquer “technocracy.” I was always under the impression He was more concerned with these little things called sin and death.

3 thoughts on “Terminating the Matrix”

  1. Steevak, you bastard, you signed off. I had to force quit AIM because i’m on my lappy top which freezes a lot.

    Anyway, thanks for your help on the project and for the use of your preciousssss.

    Lates~
    J to tha BIZAH

  2. Haha, sorry, dude. I’m trying to stay off the internet. You know, the whole “finals” thing. It’s kinda lame. By “kinda lame” I mean “super freakin’ lame.”:crap:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s